On Thursday, July 26, Community Legal Services held a townhall to discuss recent changes in programs administered by the Department of Public Welfare. The townhall discussed the elimination of General Assistance and changes to the welfare-to-work system, Medical Assistance, and food stamps (SNAP) benefits.
To listen to a podcast of the presentation courtesy of the Philadelphia Bar Association, please click here.
- Power Point presentation (July 26 at the Phila Bar Association)
- Power Point presentation (August 9 at Temple University Law School)
- Client education materials on General Assistance (English)
- Client education materials on General Assistance (Spanish)
- DPW’s operations memo on elimination of General Assistance
- DPW’s operations memo on revisions to welfare-to-work RESET programs
- Letter from Phila Public Housing Authority to GA recipients in public housing on how to reduce their rent
- Tips to improve one’s application for SSI disability benefits for those losing General Assistance
- Factsheet on paying for medical co-payments
- Factsheet on establishing a payment plan to pay criminal costs and fines